Irritable Bowel Syndrome / IBS Treatment
Hypnotherapy / Self-hypnosis Treatment for IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Relief from IBS symptoms has never been easier. Irritable Bowel Syndrome managment & treatment of symptoms by using hypnosis and learning to use applied relaxation methods. Use standalone or within integrated care services. IBS is a condition well understood by Michael Mahoney the award winning developer of both the IBS Audio Program 100 for Adults, and the IBS Audio Program 60 for Children.
Michael pioneered the use of IBS Self Help recordings for home use making the IBS Audio Program 100 available in 1998.
These programs are not simply CD sets, not just stress CDs, not just relaxation CDs but they are specifically developed for IBS, with structure to manage and relieve IBS symptoms of mind and body
The symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) vary from person to person and from time to time, but the most common symptoms are:
- Abdominal pain which may be colicky in nature and may be relieved by opening bowels, especially when in left side of lower abdomen
- abdominal distension or bloating with excessive flatus (gas)
- alternation in bowel motility which may result in constipation or diarrhoea or an alternating combination of the two
- the passage of mucus from the back passage
- a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bowel
- the stools may be similar to a pellet-like formation
- stools may be accompanied by urgency (rushing to the toilet)
In addition, IBS sufferers may present with additional symptoms which may include, but are not limited to
- difficulty finishing meals
- frequency of passing urine
- excessive belching or flatus (passing wind from the back passage)
- back pain
- frequent headaches
- poor sleep
- constant tiredness
- reflux-like symptoms
- Dyspareunia (painful sexual intercourse)
- Dusmenorrhoea (painful menstrual periods)
IBS treatment using Hypnotherapy Programs
In 1998 the IBS Audio Program 100 treatment program was released for the relief of IBS symptoms. It was the first program of its kind and remains the leading product. With 12 years of unsolicited feedback from satisfied users, our IBS treatment audio program is now used by IBS sufferers in 48 countries.
This pioneering IBS treatment audio program has stood the test of time, its structured OPSIM approach is recognised as being unique, and was developed specifically for this program. Just 30 minutes a day on average to make a difference.
The IBS Audio Program 60 for Children was released in 2008, designed specifically for children 8 – 13 years diagnosed with IBS / RAP
With 17 years proven track record the IBS Audio Program 100 for adults, provides an alternative and proven method of IBS treatment. Both programs in this section use specific hypnotherapy IBS treatment protocols for irritable bowel syndrome with an excellent history of helping IBS sufferers with both the physical and emotional symptoms of IBS. For background on the IBS Audio Program 100 click here
Two full programs ~ one for Adult IBS, The other for children. Both IBS treatment programs are available as CD sets or mp3 download.
- The American Gastroenterological Association has approved the use of Clinical Hypnotherapy as an IBS treatment method since 1996.
- In the UK, Hypnotherapy has proven to be a successful treatment for over 30 years.
- In England the National Institute of Clinical Excellence IBS Guidelines released in February 2008 recommend hypnotherapy for IBS treatment when drug options have not been beneficial after 12 months usage.
When you have tried other forms of IBS treatment for your Irritable Bowel Syndrome come back to our IBS programs. We developed them specifically for people like you. We developed it for the emotional aspects of IBS as well as the physical. We spent years developing it. Our IBS treatment programs are structured, proven and developed just for IBS, and it shows!